Curtains can and do have a huge impact on a room if you Hang the Curtains Properly. Curtains can make a room look smaller or larger. They also can pull the entire look of your room together if hung correctly.
A couple of helpful hints on how to hang curtains properly:
- Make sure that your curtain rod is wider than your window. I like to go at least 4 inches wider on each side of the window. Going 6 inches wider on each side is even better!
- Make sure your curtains are plenty full. Don't scrimp on the amount of fabric! I always recommend doing at least 1.5 times the width of your window. For the ruffle curtains and valances made by A Vision to Remember (also known as AVTRBoutique.com) I personally prefer to have 3 times the width of the window.
- Hang the curtain rod 4-6 inches above the window to make your ceilings appear taller
- For long curtain panels, make sure the curtains touch the floor. If you'd like the curtains to puddle on the floor make sure to get 6-12 extra inches in length for your curtains.
- Pick the right kind of fabric for the room and to fulfill your purpose. Do you want a light airy room? Pick a light fabric. Blackout curtains to block out light.
If you ever have any questions, make sure to send me an email, and I will help guide you in your purchase of window treatments for your room (email@example.com)